Come out and share our love for the railroad tomorrow at the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History during the first ever Railroad Rendezvous.
The family friendly event is scheduled from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. and will feature a range of indoor and outdoor events, including:
- A Hobo Jungle: Hear about living life on the rails, learn Hobo language, De-code Hobo symbols and make your own Bindle sack.
- Outdoor Games: Sack races, Ring toss, Bean bag toss and more.
- Operation Lifesaver: Learn railroad safety lessons from this non-profit organization and tour the Operation Lifesaver Mobile Educational Exhibit.
- Live Railroad Music: Enjoy live music at the Depot by The Mars Hill Porch Pickers and Historic Echoes.
- *New Entertainment Addition*: Jayron Weaver, the American Idol and Nashville Star contestant, will be a special guest star of the Mars Hill Porch Pickers during their second set around 2:00 p.m.
- CSX Locomotive: A CSX locomotive will be on display on the railroad siding nest to the historic 1908 depot.
- Train Layouts: Experience a spectacular O-scale miniature railroad as well as an interactive O-Gauge and an N-Scale layout by The Northwest Georgia N-Scalers Group.
Railroad Rendezvous will be held rain or shine from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission for non-members is $7 for adults, $6 for seniors (60 and older) and $5 for children (ages 4 to 12). Admission is free for Museum members and children under three; coupons and discounts will not be accepted on the day of the event.
The museum is located at 2829 Cherokee Street in downtown Kennesaw (exit 273 on Interstate 75).