Jolley Education Center
The Southern Museum's Jolley Education Center
Open seven days a week during normal Museum operating hours.
The 8000 sq. ft. Jolley Education Center is home to many of the Museum’s educational programs for children and their parents. Open to the public since 2008, the Education Center offers engaging and interactive learning stations for families to explore, including:
- Two telegraph stations, where children can tap out messages in Morse Code.
- A diesel train simulator, allowing visitors to be engineers and “drive” a train on their own.
- A replica “village” of a 19th century downtown with storefronts where visitors can try on old-fashioned clothes.
The Jolley Education Center is fun for Younger Kids too!
Younger children will also enjoy the Georgia Pierce pre-K room, which offers several fun activities including:
- Puzzles, games, and books
- A "dining car"
- Wood trains and tracks
- A "pillow" train to climb on
The Jolley Education Center may occasionally be closed from 10 am – 11 am or 2 pm – 3 pm due to a private party rental. Please call the museum for further questions.