Featuring the collection of David Wynn Vaughan.
Private collector David Wynn Vaughan of Atlanta, GA has arguably the largest collection of Civil War Confederate images in the nation, many of them identified. The exhibition features 70 images in nine thematic sections. One section highlights his rare collection of eight of the known 12 portraits of cadets at the Georgia Military Institute. Other sections include Citizen Soldiers, Snapshots in Time, Civil War Photography, Dressed for the Photographer, Brothers in Arms, Youth at War and Bowie Knives and Muskets. Borrowing institutions have many opportunities to feature their Civil War artifacts and photographs within the exhibition, as well.
- Reduced Price Only $5,000!!!! Plus Outbound Shipping
- 12 Week Booking Period, Four Weeks Longer Than Comparable Exhibitions
- Multi Themed, Best Quality Gallery From Large and Rare Collection
- Perfect for Your Civil War Sesquicentennial Celebration
- Customizable Layout – Easy to Install and Enhance
- A Visual, Educational and Emotional Experience for Patrons
“Amazing. It is as if those pictured will speak if you want to hear them. The stories bring history to life. Truly a treasured collection.”
Joan Fountain- Jonesboro Ga
“An absolutely amazing collection of photographs- thank you for sharing this very interesting piece of the great drama that is known as the Civil War.”
Lynn Navarvo- Ocala, IL
“Excellent presentation and portal of history pictorially correct with marvelous short written narrative. Thanks for the attention to detail.”
Bud Moore- Ft. Lauderdale FL
“I could spend many more hours here. Amazing pictures, educational, and emotional.”
Jamie Mathews- Garland TX
“Thank you for sharing your collection of photos and putting faces to the history and stories we’ve heard and learned about. Fascinating-educating-an exhibit that will stay with us.”
Smead Family- Kennesaw, Ga
“Soul searching and thought provoking.”
Louise Freeman- England
“Thank you for the great chance to have shown my three children this great history.”
Kelli Hinkle- Barbouruille KY
“Well done! As a history teacher and Civil War re-enactor, I can truly appreciate what you have done! Thanks for sharing your collection!”
Vincent Ford- Roswell Ga
“The entire collection is exceptionally rare and gives us insight into the human face of the American Civil War, as well as the importance of the photographers and photography of the period, and the valuable visual record they left behind,” Curator Mike Bearrow said.
The exhibition began traveling in January 2009 and the Southern Museum is currently seeking venues to host this wonderful exhibition.
Exhibition fee: 12 week booking $5000.00 (January 2009- 2014)
Contents: 4 crates, weighing: 960 lbs
Total Running feet: 135
- 70 Reproduction framed four-color photographs of Confederate images of soldiers from the David Wynn Vaughan collection (54) 16″ x 20″ and (16) 14″ x 18″ sizes.
- 10 thematic text panels 26 1/4″ x 30″
- 1 panel 82″ x 60″ reproduction painting of the Georgia Military Institute campus courtesy of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources; A.H. Stephens State Historic Park.
- 5 banners 33 1/4″ x 81″ (1) exhibit introduction and (4) thematic banners
- 1 reproduction stereo viewer with cards
Southern Museum of Civil War & Locomotive History
2829 Cherokee Street NW
Kennesaw, GA 30144
770.427.2117, extension 3181 firstname.lastname@example.org
*Images courtesy of David Wynn Vaughan. Actual gallery images are much larger and of greater quality.